The Australian Society for Defence Engineering (ASDE) was established in 1991 as the Society of Military Engineers. The name was changed to ASDE in 2002.
Our core objectives are to:
- Provide a forum for exchange of information.
- Be the pre-eminent learned society for defence engineering in the armed forces by embracing all aspects of engineering theory, practice, heritage, training and development.
- Keep our members informed about developments in defence material and major engineering works within the Australian and other armed forces.
We currently have ASDE chapters in ACT, NSW, Queensland, Victoria and WA as well as a national committee which meets approximately four times a year. Current national committee members are:
- Denton Bocking, President
- Jennifer Murray, ACT Chair
- Brendan Sowry, Qld Chair
- Thomas Fink, NSW Chair
- Mirela Derrin, Vic Chair
Membership to ASDE is open to serving and retired members of the Australian defence force and allied services with an interest in defence engineering. We also welcome membership from interested people in government, industry, commerce and academia.
When you join as an ASDE member you have access to a range of benefits including:
- conferences and technical presentations
- site visits
- networking opportunities
- eminent speakers program (FOCUS)
- specific interest technical information and publications.
Membership fees are per financial year:
- Engineers Australia member $22.00 inc GST
- Non-member $27.50 inc GST
To learn more about ASDE email us or call Engineers Australia’s membership services on 1300 653 113.
To join the ASDE, login or create an account in the EA member portal. Once you’re logged in, click on the products and services tab then click Join on the Technical Society Membership tile and follow the prompts.
Engage with us
Join EA Exchange to network with other technical society members.