Water engineering is focused on surface water hydrology, hydraulics, water quality, water sensitive urban design and water resources. The National Committee of Water Engineering (NCWE) is a committee of the Civil College and serves as a point of reference for EA members, local water panels and affiliated international organisations.
The key objectives of the NCWE are to:
- coordinate water engineering conferences, workshops and training
- publish the Australasian journal of water resources
- support the practice of hydrology through local Engineers Australia panels
- promote engineering excellence and acknowledge the contribution of individuals to the profession through awards and scholarships.
The NCWE also publishes research, discussion papers, maintains industry guidelines and supports local technical activities.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions about our work.
Current NCWE committee members are:
- Dr Brendan Berghout MIEAust – Chair
- Dr Michael Leonard MIEAust – Deputy Chair
- Dr Fiona Ling FIEAust CPEng NER
- Dr Tony Ladson FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- Mark Babister FIEAust CPEng NER
- Dr Katherine Daniell MIEAust
- Monique Retallick MIEAust
- Paul Brandis MIEAust CPEng NER
- Kristy Chandler MIEAust
The NCWE works with Engineers Australia division-based water panels. State and territory representatives are:
- Paul Brandis – Northern Territory
- Peter Brady – NSW
- Laurence Allan – Queensland
- Tony Ladson – Victoria
- Brett Stinton – WA
Contact us at the relevant state office to learn more.