The Society for Building Services Engineers (SBSE) is a special interest group that provides leadership and promotes a knowledge exchange about engineering and services related to buildings.
Our key objectives are to:
- Act as a learned society embracing all aspects of engineering theory and practice relevant to building engineering services in Australia.
- Promote the use of sustainable and energy efficient buildings in Australia.
- Inform members about significant scientific and engineering developments in the field of building engineering services.
- Provide opportunities for mutual exchange of ideas about building engineering services and associated technologies.
- Liaise with other scientific and engineering bodies with similar aims and to represent Australia on international organisations.
Our work includes being involved in the development of building services engineering policy, planning, design, construction, maintenance and sustainability. We also manage the implications of compliance with the Building Code of Australia.
Our activities include regular newsletters, formal meetings, site visits and technical conferences each year.
We have chapters in ACT, NSW and WA and meet regularly. Technical meetings are held monthly or bi-monthly and are advertised in EA’s division newsletters. There are also opportunities to network with organisations such as ASHRAE, AIRAH, CIBSE and other organisations whose technical sessions may be relevant.
To learn more about SBSE email or call us on 02 6270 6555.
To join SBSE, login or create an account in the EA member portal. Once you’re logged in, click on the products and services tab then click Join on the Technical Society Membership tile and follow the prompts.
Engage with us
Join EA Exchange to view all SBSE newsletters, technical papers and conference materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.